Thread: Discussion Stratair Hurricane E
View Single Post
Old Apr 11, 2012, 10:45 PM
Find More Posts by Gungho
Singapore
Joined Aug 2006
312 Posts
I managed to get my hands on this bird.

I have a 8s setup on a GM 18x21 which I think is a bit on the hot side. Am still experimenting with the power train.

Other than that the plane has a humongous fuse to take all kinds of power options. Left to your imagination.

It is also very well built with a lot of attention to detail.

Some stats.....

Left Wing - 610 Grams with MKS 6125 Mini for Ailerons and Glider Servos for Flaps
Right Wing- 616 Grams
V tail - 60 grams., All carbon very light.
Tail Servos are MKS 6100....incredibly smooth and silent.But not to exceed 5 volts.
All parts fit very tightly....a little too tight so I had to sand it down a bit.
The nose cone with motor, esc,8S 3300mah TPs,prop.....1450 grams. The nose is made of glass (yes...I was a bit worried but it will take the load). All I did was added the carbon rovings in the front and back of the motor mount for re assurance

1 minor detail.....do not use the smooth Can Neu 1515....used the finned version for better fit in the fuse and better cooling. The smooth can with the short gearbox is mounted too forward and interferes with the NACA cooling ducts unless you grind off the NACA ducts that protrude inside the fuselage.

How does she fly....

Incredibly agile and light footed. Goes fast and floats well.....

AUW with the 8s setup is about 3100 grams. She does not fly like a 3kg plane......

Here is the video....... That motor could wake up the dead....literally. That field Im flying over used to be a cemetary.

Hurricane Electro V F3B (4 min 13 sec)
Gungho is offline Find More Posts by Gungho