Feeding the RC Addiction
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2011
585 Posts
Ryan Mods...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pramus View Post
After a few flights of my Ryan I did following now:

1. replaced the stock prop with a APC 9x6 prop. Thrust is now enough for good climbings and throttle can be reduced to ca. 50 - 60% for authentic speed.
2. The ESC is placed under the motor -> pic. 1.
3. Removed the 2 screws and 3 nuts (metallic in a foamies tail ) which fit the rudder and elevator; glued them with UHU-Por. Thats saves 7 gr. nearly 40 cm behind CG. So is no need for the additional weight (22 gr. less), total saved 29 gr. -> pic. 2 and ESC has place there.

My other modificatons are that I secured the connections wire ./. springs with short pieces of shrinking tube -> pic. 3. Here you can see too the distance plate of 2 x 6 mm depron, which I plug in to hold the lipo in position. At least the stock wheels were replaced with foam whells dia 55 mm -> pic 4.

My Ryan weighs now with 1.300 Lipo total 695 gr. and also 2.200 Lipos can be used.

Pramus
Nicely done Pramus. Thanks for posting those photos & doing the write up. Very helpful in giving those of us that have the Ryan some interesting ideas of how to deal with this (supposedly) Rx-R bird...
RCAV8T0R is online now Find More Posts by RCAV8T0R