View Single Post
Old Apr 08, 2012, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by 3D-Novice
Israel
Joined May 2006
262 Posts
wing cores

Well i really dread building wings and especally foam cores, as i am never sure how they would turn out , and this is probably the first time in about 20 years that i actually touched another set of cores

none the less , i think they came out pretty darn nice, especially since i also got a layer of micro glass and strip of carbon between the balsa and foam

wings came out pretty stiff, and not sure what they weigh, but not too much weight was added , anywas from what i feel......

now i went ahead and stuck with 15minute epoxy the leading and trailing edges , and this afternoon sanded them as flush as possile , taking extra care not to touch the wing skins
at first i rough sanded them with 100 grit paper , and then with 200 grit and a straight edge sander custom made to get the edges as perfectly straight as possible ( thanks Rick )

now for the part which i really have no clue of what to do
how do I glue the aileron stock , ( did I tell you all this before ) I HAVE NO PLANS !!!
the kit i bought has no plans and no instructions , so i am relying on the build thread of Rick in the electric high performance section building the QM15 Toni
he was nice enough to send me the QM15 plans and instructions copy

anyway , pics added , if anyone has an idea of how to ensure trailing edge stock wil be glues at correct incedence , let me know
i thought of marking a center line on the aileron stock and on the trailing edge , and gluing this down ( and from Ricks thread) , need to only tack glue the ailerons for sanding so that can be removed later for the torque rods - ohboy here i go again .........

that and also the tips need to be glued and sanded flush

help....

3D-Novice is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Novice