Old Apr 06, 2012, 09:38 PM
Find More Posts by Lojik
Hope is not a Strategy
Australia, VIC, Caroline Springs
Joined Apr 2011
1,523 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterVRC View Post
Lojik, I went over to the Keilor flying field this morning (Friday), but of course it was locked up with no one there so I just walked in the 'near kilometre' (!!) to check it out. What a WIDE runway! lol.
Too bad the second lot of runway material 'width' wasn't just used for a 90deg runway instead!
But it is a LUXURY runway compared to other options!

And boy was it windy!!! I had just come from flying in Reservoir (7.30am till 9am) and the wind was picking up by then, but by the time (9.40am approx) I FOUND the Keilor site it was a hurricane!

When I headed homewards, it was impressive watching the real jets heading into Tullamarine doing severe banks, something like 500ft above the freeway, to come around for the headwind runway! It looks impossible that they could fly so slow, and banked so much.... amazing.
Hey mate, yer yesterday was insane, as someone from the Aussy thread said "I'm not surprised a cow didn't fly past"

I can't get out today as I got a B-day to attend to but I plan on Sunday if the weather holds.

Still working on my jets and Tucano so I haven't got anything to fly atm apart from a UMX sukhoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenche View Post
Lojik, I normally fly my bigger stuff out at a friends place who has a lot of space but he's moving so I'm currently looking for a new 'field'

Goody63, yup last one from the aussie hk warehouse, at that price I just couldn't resist.
Frenche, if your close come check out Keilor Down flying field, we have a cracker of a runway and some nice guys to boot. we are located in the Keilor downs golf club Kings Rd Exit off Calder Freeway
Lojik is offline Find More Posts by Lojik