Old Apr 06, 2012, 02:55 PM
Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Citizen of the Universe
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Mar 2004
354 Posts
Discussion
WATTFEST 2012 October 13 and 14, Tampa Florida

Preparations have begun for the second annual WATTFEST in Tampa Florida to be held at the Triple Creek Flying Club (TCRC) flying field. Due to popular demand we will be expanding it to a 2 day event this year. The event hours will be 8AM to 10PM on Saturday October 13 and from 8AM to 3PM on Sunday 14 October.
As of present it looks like we will also have some indoor flying not far from the event on Saturday night. I will post more as it gets closer. We are open to any ideas on what would make this event better and better each year. We are planning on having the very popular Mig shhoing at noontime and again on Sunday if the plane is still flyable by then. We would like to have a couple themed gaggles of WW1, Ww2, airliners, etc at some point during the day. Last year we saw everything from Pre WW1 aircraft to ducted fan aircraft to the space shuttle. Gyrocopters, helicopters, gliders, and anything else that can fly via electric power is welcome to participate. As we did last year, there will be prizes and awards. We will have the TCRC crew cooking for us throughout the day. As more information comes available, we will post it. I know that there are several people that have been working on special unique projects to fly at this event this year. I cant wait to see the variety of aircraft that will be flown. I have attached a link of last years event thread to give you some idea of the venue and the people and aircraft that attended last year. There will not only be night flying available, but an indoor venue available for a $5 donation. This is an AMA sanctioned event.
Denny

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...=wattfest+2012
tenacious101010 is offline Find More Posts by tenacious101010
Last edited by tenacious101010; Aug 12, 2012 at 01:07 AM.