View Single Post
Old Apr 05, 2012, 06:57 PM
Find More Posts by Peter M
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Joined Sep 2007
2,373 Posts
I've Been Wondering......

I've been wondering how you could run the GM 10x23 blades on a 3100 or higher kV motor with 5.2:1 gearing for a minute continuously and not melt down the motor.

Since no one seems to provide much in the way details for these setups I've been planning on buying my own set to test out.

However a reliable source bought one recently and had this to say:
" I just measured the props from Bulgaria........ Pitch on the blade decreases rapidly to the hub, at 50mm out from center it has only 12 pitch on a 23 pitch prop, surely this must mean they would be flying at large negative angle to the airflow at speed, also the tip pitch reduces a lot, the 23 is only seen for about 5mm of the blade."

Consequently I've stopped waiting for them to come into stock at SUSA and will have to consider a ajaeromodels setup, just use my Koch blades or will wait for something else to come along.....

EDIT 17 April 2012 - Got a second opinion on the GM 10x23's : "...... it's not a great design in that the pitch distribution is unusual. In fact the prop performs more like a 10x21 and drains the battery like a 12x26..."
Peter M is offline Find More Posts by Peter M
Last edited by Peter M; Apr 17, 2012 at 04:32 AM.