Old Apr 05, 2012, 05:10 PM
Find More Posts by Benf207
Fairfield County, Connecticut
Joined Dec 2009
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nac View Post
Greetings guys,

I'm a newbie to the 3D mico heli scene. I have been flying 3D fixed wing for a while, and in the past tried a trex450 with mixed results. While I was able to hover around I never really progressed to nose in hover etc.

I just received the Easter package from rc911.com which included the mini CP, Devo 8s, four lipos and a few other bits.
The quality seems very good and I haven't found any major problems. a few things I addressed:-
The main shaft has a mm or so slop.
The main/pinion gears had too much slop.
The lipos where hard to slid in/out as the tape would catch.
The handle on the DEVO 8S stuck out too far for my case, so I reversed it (see pic).
Updated the firmware in the 8S.
Added some hot glue to the coil.

I haven't modified the servo arms, is it really required?

I am now having fun!!! trying to program the radio, there are lots of settings posted but I'm unsure which ones to use.

I haven't progressed to 3D as yet so still sport flying. As it is now I find that the heli needs lot or correction/work to keep it in place also the tail is very slow to rotate. I think the previous post by mescalinedream may solve the rudder, I'll try that today.
Any tips on setup would be very much appreciated please?

Happy Easter.
For the main shaft, take off the skids and make sure your main gear is pressed on all the way, if it is lower the collar on the main shaft so there is no slop. For the lipos, I had that same issue. There is a plastic ring thing around it that you need to take off, not the tape that covers the battery but more of a plastic.

Ben
Benf207 is offline Find More Posts by Benf207