Find More Posts by tkeeg
Multi-Rotor Pilot
Trenton, NJ
Joined May 2008
1,129 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnygogo View Post
hello guys,

i have a question for those of u who fly there multirotor with phoenix ice lite esc. i have bought them for my octocopter, but with programming them with the transmitter, 2 of them where fried. on both of the fried esc's 1 of the fets where burnt. i tested with the dealer today, he told my that the problem had to do something with doing the right throttle calibration. hereby my question. how have you guys, who are flying with these esc's, calibrated and setup the esc's?? whe are going to use them with a dji wookong.

thanks in advance, hope to get answers soon so that our first testflite would maybe be this weekend.

greetings, vincent
Hello Vincent,

I am currently using the Phoenix 25amp ESC's in my DJI WooKong-M controlled quadcopter and am happy with the initial results so far.

I would highly suggest that you buy the Castle Link and use that device to update & program your CC ESC's. Trying to do it with the transmitter is a pain in the ass, whereas with the Castle Link it is very easy and everything is explained to you at each step making it nearly impossible to make a mistake.

If you don't know, the Castle Link is a small device that plugs into your computer at one end and into your ESC at the other. You download the free program from CC and use that program to update & program your ESC's. It couldn't be easier!

If I remember correctly I think that the Castle Link cost around $20.00 or so in American money.

Good luck,
Tom
tkeeg is offline Find More Posts by tkeeg
Last edited by tkeeg; Apr 04, 2012 at 06:56 PM.