View Single Post
Old Apr 03, 2012, 12:10 AM
Find More Posts by zaai
Joined Mar 2012
12 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AshtonFlyer View Post
Did you buy RTF or kit version?

If RTF, I'm guessing the stock receiver won't bind to a DX5, and you'll have to use a different RX that's compatible (happy to be proven wrong though!)

If a kit, then it will be fine to use a compatible TX/RX of your own choice - I use 35mhz in mine, and push it a little further every flight.

Distance.. that's a 'length of string' question. Depends on your TX/RX choice, setup, flying environment, etc - but 'average' 2.4Ghz range is 1 Km, but don't accept this distance as fact! Many variables can shorten the range to a few hundred yards, so go easy and set a Fail Safe if you can (this will set throttle/servos to a preset if the receiver loses signal or in low power - best setting I think is a gentle circle on 1/4 throttle; this will either bring it back into range of the TX or it will eventually land without too much damage)

Unless you're an eagle (or flying FPV), 1 Km is 'out of sight' anyway - my son flies his Bix clone with the RTF gear until it's a dot in the sky.
Hello.

I bought the RTF version of SS " I'll stick to the stock Tx I guess. How do i set a fail safe? And what is fail safe?

Best,
Alvin
zaai is offline Find More Posts by zaai