Thread: New Product FLYFLY Super Sabre F100
View Single Post
Old Apr 02, 2012, 09:17 AM
Find More Posts by PeterVRC
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Nov 2006
13,934 Posts
That is a HobbyKing HK-314 with the other base plate fitted. That allows it to mount to a flat plate - which needs to be deeper in a plane - but also then allows the steering arm and 'offset control arm' you need for a pushrod system to have the space to rotate down the side of the retract as it folds down.

I found a bit of a 'nuisance area' ahead of the retract box, where the steering servo is going. The fuselage has a void there, so it is making the servo mounting more of a nuisance than if it was all solid foam. But it will still all be fine - just a bit more thought and effort than expected.

I figured I will try a HXT900 for the steering, and its size (height) does not take it into the ducting area.
But I don't think I have an alloy arm and 'bit' for the control arm coming off that, lying around. So I need to find a good source of some alloy arm and rod that I can make my 'standard pushrod setup' choice. On 4 others I have done I used the bits from steerable nosegear sets, that I don't use the retract from, but wasting that retract is an expensive way to get the arm/rod stuff!

Hopefully I will get it all completed over the next few days.
PeterVRC is online now Find More Posts by PeterVRC