View Single Post
Old Apr 02, 2012, 12:24 AM
Find More Posts by eosglider
Addicted to lift
United States, FL, Miami
Joined Jul 2010
513 Posts
A bit off topic because it is about FPV and some may dislike the thought of doing this to such a slick glider like the P2K, but here it goes...

I did a quick and dirty foam/hotglue/tape for my FPV setup... Not too shabby. I put the VTX's battery in the slot next to the elevator and rudder servos standing up. I also tried to minimize drag as much as possible by covering up the hatch.

This is my first ever flight of my own FPV setup and the P2K performed the task on this rinky-dink setup mighty nicely! Very capable platform even with the stock power plant (I just cut the stock prop by 1" and rebalanced). I flew it with a 2200mah 3s for flight pack and 500mah 3s for Video gear right next to elevator and rudder servos. Balanced perfectly and climbed at about 30 degrees with no problem.

Once I was done testing all this, I took off the removable camera mount, VTX, and 500mah batt and flew the rest of the morning like normal with my 1300mah packs! I had a great saturday morning.

Now all I need is better antennas so I can get decent range. Oh, and also need a wider view... New lens coming.
eosglider is offline Find More Posts by eosglider
Last edited by eosglider; Apr 02, 2012 at 12:59 PM.