View Single Post
Old Apr 01, 2012, 12:26 PM
Find More Posts by Ron Olson
RC boat Rock Star
Kalamazoo, MI
Joined Apr 2004
3,132 Posts
That might have been what was on it at the time. I have to keep an eye on my kid as he was trying a lot of props out of my box. It was amazing though as to what that little motor could turn but the big ones threw the handling out the window. I tried the Octura X-437, 438, 638 and 440 but the Grimmie prop seemed to work as well as anything.

OK, back to the thread. The gas 'rigger is coming along nicely. The motor is mounted but I think that it's going to get a Zenoah Easy-Start on it before it hits the water. I've got a 1/4 scale servo, radio box seals and a 30" long flex cable that should be here tomorrow. I kind of have to use a 1/4 scale servo as that's what the hull was set up for otherwise it would have gotten a standard sized one. A 24" cable was about 2" too short so I had to go the next length up. Got a buddy that's going to drill the boom tubes for me or else I'm going to need a V block to mount on my drill press. I went to Harbor Freight last Monday and forgot all about getting one there.
Ron Olson is offline Find More Posts by Ron Olson
RCG Plus Member