View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:50 PM
Find More Posts by jasper7821
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2008
2,358 Posts
Discussion
Wimped out on first time trying FPV on my hexacopter, any help to get over the fear

I took my FPV equipment and spotter to a HUGE park with no one there and I was going to try to fly FPV and I chickened out.
I only planned on hovering within 10-20 feet of me for the first time.
I put on my goggles and was ready to try but couldn't do it.
I have almost $1,000 into this and it's only a few weeks old and didn't want to wipe it out.

I've since sold my goggles, BUT I decided to give it another go and bought a pair of Vuzix 920's and will attempt it again.

I have a (Way Cheaper $200) new Radian Pro that's been sitting in a closet for 6 months that I was thinking of attaching everything to but I don't know if that would give me the same feeling as the hexacopter. I fly gas helis so maybe that helps some.

Just looking for any suggestions to help me. I'm a very experienced general aviation pilot with tons of hours so I think that once I get going I'll be fine.

I just need help taking that first step. When I put the goggles on I got the same feeling as when the instructor got of the airplane when it was time to solo almost 20 years ago.
jasper7821 is offline Find More Posts by jasper7821
Last edited by jasper7821; Mar 27, 2012 at 05:18 PM.