View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2012, 11:46 AM
Find More Posts by gordonzo
Different fly 4 different guy
Joined Jan 2011
2,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whizgig View Post
Well it finaly got here on Monday and I have been over it with a fine tooth comb and I can't fault it. It flew straight out of the box no adjusting no trim nothing.

As for quality it is fantastic the one I was sent states "for sale in Mainland China Only" ths same as the camera which has a 1gig Micro SD card not the 512mb TF card that is stated when you go to buy it elsewhere.

As for a comparison to the Double Horse range it is way above them in all aspects and after flying this I would have to think twice before I brought any other brand other than this one.

I would have to rate it 9/10 only due to the plastic fins which should be metal and that it has no rear tail light for night flying orientation.

I will soon be installing the camera and a rear tail light other than that I will not be doing any mods to it and I will see how it goes for durability etc but I have noticed even after a full battery of just hovering which takes alot out ofthe gyro and motors both motors were slightly hot but touchable and cooled down very quickly after the flight.
The F45 certainly has a quality feel to it and flight characteristics to match.

The 'for sale in China only' is on MJX boxes that come with Chinese instructions (and most of them do). The English version is available here.

My camera came with a 512mb card which is just enough for 1 battery.

You will find that when flying outdoors in a larger area the motors just get warm. But a heat sink might be a good plan. I have one from a HBFP that I will try to fit on there. I have a I/R temp gun so I can test before and after and report back here.

I am curious by what you mean by "a full battery of just hovering which takes alot out of the gyro and motors" If you mean the rudder needs trimming as the battery voltage drops I think that is pretty normal, and the li-ion batteries are not the best.

I think you will have a blast with the F45. Just watch the momentum and turning characteristics in a smaller area until you get comfortable with it. It prefers a large open area for less stress and more fun.

I also look forward to the details on your rear light.

Regards . . . . g
gordonzo is offline Find More Posts by gordonzo