Thread: Discussion Hobby King Ryan STA EPO
View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 11:58 PM
Find More Posts by kevin whitesell
Joined Nov 2011
1,753 Posts
Igel the paint scheme on your ryan looks awsome! Not alot of info on this bird on this thread and elsewere. I bought mine in jan and maiden it today.In setting up the plane i found it very tail heavy as others have.I used a turnigy 1800mah,35-45c batt that weighs 159g's and pushed it all the way foward.but i also put about 40g's of weight under the cowl.The plane flew alittle nose heavy,needing about 3clicks of elevator up trim. I can easily remove 6g's of weight,then center the elevator trim and then see what happens.Roll out and take off were great and the ryan flew pretty good(i was really suprised-my expectations were not very high because of some of the comments i herd here.As a matter of fact i was expecting to be picking up foam all over the field!)THE LANDING-yep come in with some power or the elevator looses all authority about two feet off the deck.No damage though.I DIDN'T TOUCH THE ESC TO SEE IF IT WAS HOT AFTER MY 5MIN FLIGHT.I stayed on low rates thrughout the maiden but could tell that even on low rates the ailerons had some authority.NEXT FLIGHT what the heck if things go well i'll corkscrew it through the sky on high rates! Anyways, let's get some postings on this thread-good flying mates-kevin
kevin whitesell is offline Find More Posts by kevin whitesell