View Single Post
Old Mar 25, 2012, 08:00 AM
Find More Posts by RayRangel
United States, GA, Centerville
Joined Mar 2012
170 Posts
Blue? Were any USCG aircraft ever blue? I doubt that that could be right. The pictures of V158 and V159 both show the lettering on the bottom on the right lower wing clearly as U S C G which not what the plan says. There is also a USCG badge under the forward window on both sides which is not on the plan.

The plan is realyly well done (like the SR-7) but I have serious doubts about the markings. I think I will opt for the coloring as specified by USCG regulations of the time. As for the lower wing, I can't really make out what's on the under surface of the left wing, but it kind of looks like another set of U S C G letters. Lacking any other pictures, I guess I'll go with that.

I really wish someone would re-kit these Comet models laser cut would be soooo nice. As it is, I'm off to Office Max with Thumb Drive in hand to get some 25" Comet plans printed full size. I'm on a business trip this coming week and will have nothing to do better than tracing parts...
RayRangel is offline Find More Posts by RayRangel
Last edited by RayRangel; Mar 25, 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: grammer and spelling