Find More Posts by kremecheze
Trader Rating: 61
United States, NY, Queens County
Joined Jun 2007
1,212 Posts
Trader Rating: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcia83 View Post
Hard to come by for sure. A suggestion...go to Banana Hobby (yes, I know, that's a bad name around here sometimes) and you can get the Sky Surfer kit. It's about $65.00 shipped. I've had the sky hawk, easy star, bixler and the sky surfer....the surfer was the best. It handled much better on stock gear, I think it was the bigger ailerons. You can then outfit it with you're own gear which of course will be better than the stock stuff. You can even go to a 4 cell set up but why bother, the 3S is a blast.

I am not a builder in any way shape or form, but I had no problem throwing stuff together.

I also have a link to a guy who makes CNC machined motor mounts that will allow you to raise your motor so you can get a 6, 7, or I think even an 8 inch prop on.

Good luck!
thanks for the info man! i too was looking for a bixler type fpv plane but i didnt wanna pay 80-130$ for one as i the deal with hobbyking. picked up the sky surfer with the brushless upgrade for 60$ all got thier 90mm f-18 kit for 80$. i really bought the f-18 just to bring me over the 100$ limit for the free shipping. i'm not a fan of banana hobby but you really can go wrong with a plane in kit form. plus they stock cheap replacement parts for the sky surfer now. thanks again man
kremecheze is offline Find More Posts by kremecheze