View Single Post
Old Mar 21, 2012, 06:43 AM
Find More Posts by edi.winter
Tirol
Joined Jul 2009
1,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Wohlert View Post
you should do a fotoshopwork and add a bouble like they use in comics and fill it with the text "MY CORNER"
...thats car drivers mentality

Anyway due to absolute boredom I serviced my older 2011 bike yesterday evening. Its the second prototype of the 2011 that drove about 400 Lipos last year. I took it completly apart and threw the parts into the dishwasher. Not a single crack in the Carbon and SLS Parts. Not a single thread stripped. Nothing bent or worn out in any way. Only the usual scratches here and there.
Checked all the dampers and changed the oil and some O rings. New Belt and new bearings just as I was in the process. Total cost approx. 30Euros and the bike is as good as new. Just gave it a shakedown on the track, nothing much to say about that. Only that its fun to drive a brand new set of perfect tires with new inserts. I already forgot how a new set of tires perform. I have been using up all the old rubbish since the worlds.

I think I will be using the 2011 bikes for this year again. Considering the amount of money spent on this service for a "new" bike this will be a cheap season . After I completly crapped the design of the 2012 bike I am just too lazy to do something new.
edi.winter is offline Find More Posts by edi.winter
Last edited by edi.winter; Mar 21, 2012 at 10:16 AM.