View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:37 PM
Find More Posts by otrcman
Joined Mar 2009
228 Posts
Yes, I'm sure we'll have a lot of our questions answered when the manual is available.

One of the things I'm interesting in learning about is the "3-D Gyro submode" as mentioned in the original post:

"In 3D Flight Mode, Gyro submode, the Guardian uses its built-in 3 axis gyro to increase your modelís stability, while leaving you in full control. In this mode the Guardian greatly reduces the effects of gusts, turbulence, motor torque and other factors, and can expand the maneuverability of your model in a variety of conditions."

From what I get from the above quote this sounds more like what we've been calling RATE. And 2D flight Mode sounds more like what the FMA device does.

For someone who has flown the Guardian already, I have a couple of questions:

1. When flying in 2D Flight Mode:

A . Do you have to hold an aileron input in order to maintain a turn ? In other words, if the airplane straightens out as soon as you center the stick, how do you maintain a turn ?

B. If you move the aileron stick over about 1/4 displacement, does the airplane do a slow roll or just assume a steady bank ?

C. If you pull the elevator stick 1/4 of the way back, does the airplane do a loop or does it just assume a steep climb ?

2. When flying in 3D Flight Mode Gyro submode, I have the same questions:

A . Do you have to hold an aileron input in order to maintain a turn ? In other words, if the airplane straightens out as soon as you center the stick, how do you maintain a turn ?

B. If you move the aileron stick over about 1/4 displacement, does the airplane do a slow roll or just assume a steady bank ?

C. If you pull the elevator stick 1/4 of the way back, does the airplane do a loop or does it just assume a steep climb ?

Thanks for your answers in advance,

Dick
otrcman is offline Find More Posts by otrcman