Thread: Mini-HowTo The Tools Money Can't Buy
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2012, 11:58 AM
Tsavah is offline
Find More Posts by Tsavah
Watt Waster
Tsavah's Avatar
Joined Oct 2010
1,893 Posts
Hem Gauge

Originally Posted by FlyDave View Post
... I don't know how to call it, maybe someone can suggest a name for this tool ... It can be used for example to draw panel lines, using the drawing as reference and then scale the measure. ... Dave
You have a slightly simplified dress hem marker device. The tool for marking a dress hem line uses chalk to mark the cloth while the dress is being worn. They also use a ruler rather than a dowel rod for the upright stay. Some designs used a small jar that contained powdered chalk/baby powder and you would puff chalk dust on the cloth to mark the hem line. Your version can be a very useful spin on the idea and design to mark a cut line on a tube or other shape.
Tsavah is offline Find More Posts by Tsavah
Last edited by Tsavah; Mar 18, 2012 at 12:00 PM. Reason: spelling ...
Reply With Quote