Thread: Build Log "W" wings....
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2012, 02:09 AM
Find More Posts by davereap
Ashford. Kent. England
Joined Feb 2005
7,514 Posts
It was drawn up as a 24" circle but the dimensions tool used on the circle does not always come up correct...its the way SU draws a circle as a number of straight edges
I am certainly going to give the pure circle a go..very soon..and I will start at 25% COG ..
As a note...The heart COG (at 28%) is calculated only using the center of the fuz length.. if you add on the elevons the numbers actually come out at 26% on the full length
The oval I built was not quite right.. It was built too small and came out twitchy, it just didn't go well
At the same time I have been thinking on the rudder...do I actually need a single rear vertical tail fin when the inverted center section is the same as an inverted V tail..
At 110 degrees inverted if I add rudders to each side perhaps I can do away with the present tail fin..
My only worry is that this might upset the front to rear vertical area balance too much and the stability might be poor..

whatever, the first build will be as normal with the single vertical fin sat on top..
And if it goes as well as the heart shape it will be good...
davereap is offline Find More Posts by davereap
Last edited by davereap; Mar 18, 2012 at 02:27 AM.