Thread: Discussion Frustrated Hobby Shop Owner
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2012, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by fliers1
Joined Nov 2005
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyshark01 View Post
I wouldn't put much effort in trying to find someone in the industry who has the money to fund a training business. I think most people in the R/C industry are just doing their best just to stay afloat as it is.

Being that you developed and are the only one in the world who knows this training method, I would put a second mortgage on the house and borrow the money to start a few schools around the country or even publish a book. You can also go to www.kickstarter.com and see if you can get people to invest in your idea. There are always people who want to learn to fly but they don't want to take the normal 20-50 hour learning time. I would think that if people could learn to fly in a few minutes, they would be knocking down the door with fistfulls of cash.
I ran a flight training school for several years and was quite busy all that time. All who came to me were from clubs that trained for free. I, again could easily make more than a thousand dollars a week, but that wasn't helping the hobby in general. I've said many times that clubs for the most part have a problem with growth, which is why no veteran fliers from clubs are "banging" down my doors. Since I closed my flight schooI, I am still turning down beginners who have been contacting me to train them.

If push came to shove and I really needed the money, I would start my flight school again. and once again make, as you say, fists full of cash. That is not what I'm trying to accomplish. If people came to me, I would teach them my method for free, but as I've said many, many times, those who already know how to fly have no interest in learning a much easier, faster, safer and fun why to teach. Those are the ones I'm trying to reach, and the hobby shop owners. It's not flight training that I'm proposing, it's giving hobby shop owners a means to increase sales of RC aircraft. Let the clubs handles flight training chores.

Fliers1
fliers1 is offline Find More Posts by fliers1
Last edited by fliers1; Mar 17, 2012 at 07:42 PM.