Thread: Discussion Frustrated Hobby Shop Owner
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2012, 08:30 AM
Find More Posts by jollyroger
Central Lake, Michigan
Joined Dec 2002
1,426 Posts
..... Do not provide readily available and quality flight instruction. I don't mean to paint all clubs with the same brush, so there are more than likely those who really desire growth, but the fact that giving flight instruction can be extremely stressful for some and not something a lot of people would like doing. I doubt if anyone truly loves sweating bullets teaching people to fly RC airplanes.

Fliers1[/QUOTE]
Maybe it's because some instructors are not that competent so they sweat it out each time they take a student up. If that is the case, then the club needs to find someone who is competent and comfortable teaching new students.
Maybe a training course for would- be instructors is what's needed along with an attitude adjustment. It sounds to me that the AMA is a good place to start. I won't even get started about the AMA organization and the people who run it but there needs to be a bit of tweaking and change of attitude there.
I wish I lived closer to you so you could teach me your method. However, since I live in Northern Michigan, you're a long drive away. How about making a video for instructors?
jollyroger is offline Find More Posts by jollyroger