View Single Post
Old Mar 16, 2012, 08:54 AM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,768 Posts
Shane, that is one nasty looking bearing you have there. I'll be quite honest with "all" of you. I threw all my lubes out the window a long time ago. Of course I'm being a bit sarcastic. For about 30 years Break Free CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative) has been my "go to" lube. This lube was developed for, and used by our DoD. Still is! Ask any combat soldier (especially those serving in the Navy on a ship). I have used this on my guns, salt water big game fishing reels, fresh water reels (some used in salt water) and countless other applications including all my helis. It is not a lube per-se....meaning, it doesn't stay wet. Break Free CLP treats the surface after being wiped clean. It's designed to "push dirt out." Break Free CLP is also plastic friendly and working on helis, that's a no brainer. I use it on all my plastic ball links, gears, pinions and virtually anything that moves.

Look at my join date. I received a ESky Lama V4 for Christmas before joining RCG. I still have the "exact original" bearings in it. Each time I break her down,,.. the bearings just need a little wipe down and I re-apply a dab of Break Free and wipe clean. I use gun patches to wipe clean as they are lint free

This is coming from someone with 30 years of experience using this product. I rest my case

BTW, Break Free CLP is only available at gun shops, sporting goods stores or on line AND it is expensive. $6.99 for a 4OZ liquid bottle. I also have an aerosol spray can of it.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012