View Single Post
Old Mar 15, 2012, 01:26 PM
Find More Posts by V2rider
USA, MD, Hagerstown
Joined Jun 2009
3,429 Posts
Thanks for the confirmation guys. I guess that's one scale aspect they hit on the head. Somehow I don't think the full size was happy upside down either.

Looks like my field has grounded yet another till repairs and mods are done. Couldn't ask for better flying conditions then we have here today, but after landing on flight #2 for the day the tail looked a little low when I was bouncing back to the pits. stopped at the flight line and noticed the tailwheel hanging out the right side of the plane. Since it is still stuck up in the rudder I didn't loose it completely, but to put it back in the rudder would have to come off. It broke the epoxy loose in the rudder so it will come the rest of the way out without removing anything. I think I'll take this as a sign and go ahead with the 1/4 scale Cub gear including tailwheel. Then while I'm at it go ahead and go to the P-60. What a bummer. I had already grounded my retract planes till the field gets rolled, now I can't even fly the Pawnee till repairs are done.

AZThud: You didn't happen to scan your templates into a computer filed did you?

EDIT: Thank God for 6minute epoxy, and dumb luck. The little plastic tab on the stock tailwheel just pulled out of the fuse. Other than a little scuff on the bottom of the elevator no harm done. With the rudder all the way right I was able to slide the tab back in and get lots of epoxy down in there. Got two more flights in before dark. Much better way to end the day. Still like the idea of the heavier gear and bigger motor, but at least I'm back in the air till it gets here.
V2rider is offline Find More Posts by V2rider
Last edited by V2rider; Mar 15, 2012 at 07:23 PM. Reason: EDIT