View Single Post
Old Mar 11, 2012, 10:26 PM
dwmumford is offline
Find More Posts by dwmumford
Registered User
Bountiful, Utah
Joined Dec 2003
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmon-Run View Post
Dave,

Sp One more dumb-dumb. One day while preping the BB for flight there was quite a crowd asking all the typical questions. I got it in the air and in response to questions performed loops, inverted flight, etc. On landing I noticed I had not placed the 3M electrical tape at the wing joints....they never moved out a mm!
Wow! You are lucky the wings didn't fly off! You must be living right.

I hope my carbon fiber that I put in the fuse does the job. I did not put it on the top because the light ply where the stab sits is not flush with the inside of the top of the fuse, so I skipped that part. I should have built up either the light ply or the balsa to until they were flush and then added CF. Oh well, if I land carefully I should be OK. If it breaks, I will do the repairs correct.

I debated whether to try and narrow the nose a bit down to 45 mm width at the nose, but was afraid it would be too close for the motor to fit without rubbing something. It would have been close, but I didn't want to chance it.

I have now primed and sanded the nose area from the trailing edge of the wing to the nose and its ready for paint. Aft of the TE of the wing will be UltraCote. I like the painted look of the nose for durability and to avoid the difficulty of doing those compound curves. I should be painting this coming week. I will be finishing the tail feathers and covering wings etc within the next few weeks. should be ready to fly by the first of May.
dwmumford is offline Find More Posts by dwmumford
Last edited by dwmumford; Mar 11, 2012 at 10:35 PM.
Reply With Quote