Find More Posts by ShaneXman
Coaxial to CP? *shrugs*
United States, CA, Laguna Niguel
Joined Nov 2011
979 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by damo666 View Post
Get yourself a bearing blaster.
I regularly used mine when cleaning car bearings that got dusty and mucky.
Buy a bearing blaster, spray into it with motor cleaner, re-lube the bearing with Triflow or similar, then wipe off the excess with a microfibre cloth.
Alternatively, just buy new bearings as they're inexpensive anyway.
Many closed bearings can also be opened up and maintained, but i've only done this with rubber sealed and not metal sealed as used on most heli's.
damo,

Great advice. If you don't mind me asking, which "Bearing Blaster" is the globally preferred version. I did a quick search, and there are a number of different manufacturers. More specifically, which one works best with the size bearings we deal with on the micro-helis?

Additionally, I continuously hear people talking about "Tri-Flow", but would you happen to know the preferred form? I know they sell it in drip bottle, aerosol, grease, etc., and they also sell a new Soy based one, and others. Would you mind posting up a link so I can be sure it's the correct one?

I thought about purchasing new bearings, or even purchasing upgraded bearings from Boca Bearings or other. But at $13 PER BEARING, I think I'll pass. Are there other bearings that are more reasonably priced that you would recommend?

Sorry for all of the questions, and I appreciate you taking the time to answer. Cheers!

-Shane
ShaneXman is offline Find More Posts by ShaneXman
RCG Plus Member