View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
Find More Posts by djcb
Macungie, PA
Joined Dec 2004
194 Posts
I maidened my Revolver recently and all went well. The setup is Hyperion Zs4025 10, 5000mAh 6 cell and 15x7 prop. The static values were approx 90A and 1800W. The plane is fairly heavy 9.5lb on my not very accuarate scales. The plane flew really well and I'm pleased with the setup. The system can run on 8 cells and after some more flights I can reduce the prop dia and increase the pitch to make it go faster. It was pretty quick with the current configuration but was not ripping. I would say a good aerobatic sport plane. Like other guys the plane did land pretty fast and fortunately our flying field has good length but I did need it all. The plane did hit a bump on the grass runway and bounced a few feet and then landed square on the wheels - whew. I did reinforce the undercarriage mounting system and it held up well even with this heavy setup. Overall it is a nice flying plane with no bad habits (so far) and I look forward to many more flights now that the stress of the maiden is out of the way.
djcb is offline Find More Posts by djcb