View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2012, 06:24 AM
Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Some.. call him Tim...
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Oct 2008
6,368 Posts
Discussion
Castle Creations.. Recalls, failures, and customer service.. What do you think?

Ok guys it's time to give castle a chance to speak up!! If you don't know it already? Many of the castle ESC's have been recalled, and legitimately deemed flawed, and dangerous.. I would like to share my experiences, and hear yours..

I've been flying for five years, and sadly have had more bad luck with castle than good? I started running a new ice HV80 in my 78" EF on 12s.. It seemed to work fine, but when castle setup the recall program I saw that my ESC was on it.. It seemed like a good program? You first need to order a new Hv2 ESC, but at checkout they have you setup a exchange Purchase order, Include the pappier work with your used ESC , and return it all to castle via registered mail.. Great! Sounded good to me! After filling out the purchase order, I felt secure that castle was only taking returns if they had ESC's to send.. The websight did say "in stock"...

I mailed of my ESC, grounding my largest, and only big plane.. After a month I decided to send a Email, questioning when I might get my ESC back? I received a generic email that stated they would return emails within two to three days.. There was no response, so Two weeks later I sent another email, but this time the web store was shut down?!?! After calling the repair department I also received a generic message, that basically had a very nice lady's voice, that tells you "all is well, Were just a bit backed up".. Now the web store has been down for two weeks, there not returning any emails or calls, and there is no way to actually speak with a Rep..

To top it all off!! I just purchased a indoor foamy kit from fancy foam.. When picking components I went with the best, right? So I ordered the Thunder bird9 that fancy foam had in stock. When building my new fancy foam AJ Osiris, the new castle TB9 ESC's BEC doesn't work properly! Upon further investigation I found the TB9 is on a separate recall list, and I can't even send it in for replacement, because the store is closed.. At this point I removed a $10. ESC from one of my beat up epp planes and installed it in my new FF Osiris..

I will tell you that last night I finally found a shop that has HV2 120esc's and HV2 80 ESC's in stock.. I ordered a new hv2 120 Ice ESC..Hopefully this one will work! When I finally get the 80 V2 back, it will be for sale..

Recall includes all Ice HV series, including Mamba ESC, thunder bird 9, and many more!!

Note: this is not an attack thread! I seriously, want to start a thread where people can discuss there issues, good bad indifferent..
Ducati Mechanic is offline Find More Posts by Ducati Mechanic
Last edited by Ducati Mechanic; Mar 10, 2012 at 09:31 AM.