Old Mar 09, 2012, 10:34 PM
AvB
Find More Posts by AvB
AvB
Wind, hill, ... I'm keen ...
Australia, QLD, Woody Point
Joined Nov 2006
5,025 Posts
NNNNnnyyyyaaaaarrrryyawwwwnnnooooo!!!!!! Man I'm sorry for ya Alex. What a bummer. I feel for you.

At times like this I remember one of the sayings that makes me feel better about myself ... "the only people that don't make stuffups are the people who don't do anything". What I mean is, if you wanna stay home and watch sport on TV, you won't crash your planes or tear chunks off your car. But you won't be on this forum with the DS world living your highs and lows with you, either!!

I read Paul Carter's book recently called "Is that thing Diesel?" about a biker/ oil rig guy who rides a biofuel bike round Australia. He's a crazy guy; the book is chock full of hard core swearing, but he is an excellent and insightful writer, and it's a good, funny read. His first book was called "Don’t Tell Mum I Work on the Rigs…She Thinks I’m a Piano Player in a Whorehouse"

One of the bits that struck a chord with me was when he got himself into a complete mess and he said something like "I don't know why but I've always been the sort of guy that only has to get up in the morning and all sorts of crazy sh#t just happens to me". I had to laugh, because it's so true for most of us. Things go smoothly in the movies, but for most of us, life is 3 steps forwards and 2 steps back. If you're gonna have an adventurous spirit and get out into the action, there's gonna be all sorts of drama. I'm sure you feel like crap Alex, but we love your adventurous spirit ... keep it up!!

(also reminds me of the day we were bungeeing at Lemontree with my new Hosemonster bungee a few years ago. Tied it to the towball like usual and didn't think about the metal plug in the end of it .... the rear window of my Outback was shattered. It cost $1700 ... had to claim on insurance ... still feel stupid ...)

EDIT: Hey Alex, dunno about you but planning for the US is jamming my head up a bit. Last year it was so sudden and spontaneous that I didn't do much planning and didn't care if I DSed over there. This year I'm preparing myself into exhaustion. Too many planes to tweak/ build and brain keeps thinking of stuff to take or do. I went to Bandicoot recently to continue dialling in the Willow and BPV and forgot their tails and couldn't fly either. On Thurs mid arvo I packed up to race down to Beechmont to fly with Tim and Rhys, looking forward to dialling in the new MKS servo setup in the BPV. Fifteen mins down the road I realized I didn't have a transmitter. Fortunately I realized before I drove the full 1hr 40. I went home and stayed there. Too many windows open in my head and they're all jamming.
AvB is offline Find More Posts by AvB
Last edited by AvB; Mar 09, 2012 at 11:00 PM.