View Single Post
Old Mar 09, 2012, 06:25 PM
Find More Posts by beenflying
as much as I can
NZ
Joined Jan 2010
5,036 Posts
Flashing a CX-3X1000 to a Tarot ZYX

Flashed one of my CX-3X1000 with the Tarot firmware today. Oh well, it was only $30....

Just kidding, now it's a Tarot ZYX, which is what I wanted. One program box for all my low cost FBL gyros (well not the 3GYS, as this has different hardware to the others), and I don't have to hold the back button to get the advanced tuning menus, yippeee.

Note: the CX-PB001 program box does not work with the CX-3X1000 after doing this. You will need to have the Tarot box, the Tarot application, the patched CopterX app or use John's app.

Note: This crossflash does not work on some units. If it doesn't work, flash again using the CX-3X1000 v1.0 firmware in the first post, which will restore it. See restoring below.

Procedures:
Using the patched Tarot v2.5 app for the CX-3X1000 from the first post:
1/ Open the app
2/ Power on the Tx, Rx and gyro and wait for it to initialize
3/ Click connect and wait for 3 greens (can take a while)
4/ Click the Open firmware button and select the Tarot .bin firmware file (ZYX-250.bin)
5/ De-power the gyro (leave the app running)
6/ Hold the gyro button and repower the gyro (the red led should be blinking)
7/ Click Upgrade (you should see the progress bar in the status line)
8/ Wait for the upgrade complete (Note: Some have had success by waiting 3 minutes at this point, before disconnecting the gyro)
9/ Close the application, as it will no longer work with the gyro
10/ Run John's app and connect (Tarot ZYX will be displayed in the status line)

Using John's v1.22 app:
1/ Open the app
2/ Power on the Tx, Rx and gyro and wait for it to initialize
3/ Select the correct coms port
4/ Click connect and wait for 3 greens
5/ Click the Open button in the firmware upgrade group and select the Tarot .bin firmware file (ZYX-250.bin)
6/ Click the Upgrade button
7/ De-power the gyro (leave the app running)
8/ Hold the gyro button and repower the gyro (you should see the progress bar in the status line)
9/ Wait for the upgrade complete (Note: Some have had success by waiting 3 minutes at this point, before disconnecting the gyro)
10/ Exit the complete dialog
11/ Cycle the power on the gyro and wait for it to initialize
12/ Click connect and wait for 3 greens (Tarot ZYX will be displayed in the status line)

Restoring to CX-3X1000 if the crossflash failed:
1/ Open John's v1.22 app
2/ Select the correct coms port
3/ Click the Open button in the firmware upgrade group and select the CX-3X1000 v1.0 firmware file (CX-3X1000v1-0.bin) available in the first post
4/ Click the Upgrade button
5/ De-power the gyro (leave the app running)
6/ Hold the gyro button and repower the gyro (you should see the progress bar in the status line)
7/ Wait for the upgrade complete
8/ Exit the complete dialog
9/ Cycle the power on the gyro and wait for it to initialize
10/ Click connect and wait for 3 greens (CX-3X1000 will be displayed in the status line)

Enjoy...
beenflying is offline Find More Posts by beenflying
Last edited by beenflying; Dec 16, 2012 at 09:49 PM.