View Single Post
Old Mar 08, 2012, 10:20 PM
Find More Posts by Hellraser
UK
Joined Jul 2007
2,678 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDR_ View Post
I would like to participate in the custom firmware development for the DEVO's, but haven't got enough time and resources to reverse engineering the protocols.

By the way, I don't know any official claim from Walkera about the impossible backward compatibility. Did they actually claim that?
Yes they did and they were probably telling the truth - just because they have put a LCD screen on the new Tx that makes it look like the 2801 and both use the CYRF6936 chip does not make the architecture of the old and new systems the SAME to have used the same architecture they used in the 2801 would more than likely shut the door on most of the advances that the Devo now offers.

We have seen this happen many times over the years where a company finds that the present setup has reached the end of the line and to try taking it further would just be trying to patch up a outmoded system - spekrum found that with DSM and had to come out with DSM2 which was not compatible to the earlier DSM.

Big question to my mind is will the other manufacturers now have to rewrite their systems to put in place some of the advancements walkera are now using and if so will their new system be backwards compatible

Regards David
Hellraser is offline Find More Posts by Hellraser