View Single Post
Old Mar 07, 2012, 06:18 PM
Find More Posts by Wrend
どうもありがとうミスターロボット
United States, IL
Joined Jul 2009
3,063 Posts
Like I said, the stock charger is perfectly fine for Eneloops, and actually likely better for them than a -ΔV peak charger as long as they're not just left on the charger indefinitely to continuously overcharge. This also lets the cells balance at a fuller charged state if slightly overcharged, and is a more ideal way to charge cells in series. (-ΔV overcharges cells slightly too, only at a faster rate, and without allowing the cells to balance as well as they would otherwise; and just hope that you don't get a missed termination.)

You can tell when they're done charging when they start to warm up slightly, but you don't have to completely charge them each time either. Charging overnight when the pack drops below 10V is fine.

The stock charger charges at such a low rate (70mA) that it is not an issue whatsoever.

If it's any consolation, the first generation Eneloop cells I used in my 6EX almost 3 years ago now have only lost about 1.1% of their capacity potential (using the IEC capacity measurement standard) from when they were new, and they are still within the typical capacity variation range of new Eneloop cells.

Hope that clears things up.
Wrend is offline Find More Posts by Wrend
Last edited by Wrend; Mar 07, 2012 at 06:56 PM.