Like many of you, once I wanted to build a big DC-3. But right from the start, arose the problem of how to make the landing gear in a scale look. Factory-made retracts did not meet my expectations, and so had to go my own way. The development was long , not easy and not cheap. I capitalized on it near to 20 years of my experience of a professional designer, knowledge of mechanical engineering and working with metals.
Now, after three flight seasons, I can say, the retract despite its low weight (580g each) is
solid, functional and reliable.
It's time to share with you the experience.
I have created a CD with comprehensive information about the construction of such retractable landing gear (scale 1:7.5).
• computer simulations of the movement for a better understanding of the principle, rendered photographs, including a proposal for mounting in the model
• set of engineering drawings of all parts (more than 40), assembly drawing and bill of material
• photos of the finished landing gear in high resolution
• HD detailed motion videos of built in retracts
• brief description, hints and tips
Altogether it is over 200 megabytes of informations revealing the secrets of the landing gear divided into easy-directories.
A complete information is now available to anyone.
I am convinced that the information from this CD will save you a lot of time, materials and energy needed for your own development.
It is worth for those of You, who wants to build a retract yourself.
So, look here http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1608215
to watch a short trailer….and…. if You are interested in, please send me a PM.
Please note: The content of the CD is for home use only (not for commercial use).
Update May 12th: Tailwheel drawings added