Find More Posts by Jimn8uay
JimN8UAY
United States, OH, Medina
Joined Oct 2004
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CloudyIFR View Post
Integrity.

I am a level III and where I have chosen to live I will never be able to use LSF again as it is currently written as in my lifetime I do not believe that there will ever be enough interest in obtaining the equipment and pilots who are interested in winch launched soaring.

With the advent of ALES I am now very optimistic that will change. We had several contests last year and there are over half a dozen ALES models, big competitive models being built this winter...

Curtis
Montana
Hi Curtis,
I certainly understand your dilemma and in my locale I, too, need to travel, as much as 5 hours away to find any contests of 20 or more pilots for Level IV/V. Especially with my choice of a career I will probably not be able to attain these achievements, either, be it in conventional LSF soaring or an E-soaring program. But that's my dilemma. It is what it is. It doesn't mean I don't love soaring as much or more than the other guy, it just is how life is for me. So, to make it more convenient for me, I don't believe the program should be changed.

It is wonderful that you have a resurgence in popularity with E-soaring as you have, and I know it will pick up in our clubs...someday! But, I believe, a new SAP geared towards the ALES/F5J should be introduced and kept separate from the conventional string/hand launch. Let it stay and honor it for it's past (and present for those who can and will continue!). I think a new SAP under the banner of the LSF (League of SOARING Flight, as I saw referenced earlier, sounds good!) would be a great addition and I would just as proudly display next to my Level III stickers. I would have no problem starting the journey over from Level I for a new SAP and would excitedly welcome the chance to do so.

Thanks for your insights and achievements and some wonderful DVDs.

Blue skies!

Jim
Jimn8uay is offline Find More Posts by Jimn8uay