Thread: Contest Fun build 5 Guillow's PBY
View Single Post
Old Mar 03, 2012, 07:25 PM
Find More Posts by Taildragger55
Anchorage, Alaska
Joined Nov 2008
604 Posts
Conrad, my PBY doesn't have offset motors however its a good idea. I'm only an intermediat pilot, I can take off, fly around, and land, but I don't do aerobatics. Wish I could, but I just don't fly enough to get comfortable doing them.

I usually go to the club meetings, but not all the time. I hope to meet you too. R/C model airplanes is a wonderful hobby, one can dabble in it, some just go plain nuts with it.

Differential throttle is very effictive at controlling a water plane in water without a rudder. Mike McDougall did a review on the new Electrifly Widgeon G-44 in Aircraft-Exotic and Special Interest/Waterplanes. Scroll a ways down on the Homepage.He goes by the handle Kingsflyer. There is another thred on the Widgeon and Mike explains how to program differential throttle. I've included a link to that thread. I'm definatly going to do it when I set up my Widgeon. May do it with the PBY too.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1479971

You'll have to wade through a few pages to get to it. You MUST HAVE a programmable radio to do it.
Taildragger55 is offline Find More Posts by Taildragger55
Last edited by Taildragger55; Mar 03, 2012 at 07:31 PM.