Thread: Contest Fun build 5 Guillow's PBY
View Single Post
Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:51 PM
Find More Posts by Bill Smudge
United States, KY, Bowling Green
Joined Jul 2011
1,075 Posts
[QUOTE=conrad907;20919311]

This will be my first RC plane as well as my first Electric. I'm confident I can build a good looking model, but as far as building a plane that flys, and learning to fly RC myself, those are my personal goals, and how I will judge the success of my project.

WOW!!

Conrad, when you start you start BIG. Your fuse/ boat looks great to me.

Thats some ambitious project you have going there. I would say you have great building skills for a guy thats never build an RC airplane. You called your alignment jig "crude", I'd hate to see one you spend a little time on building, that thing looks fantastic.

I also was into the hobby as a kid and on and off
until last June. I built a litttle Guillows Birddog the darned thing took me about 3 weeks, I was trying to get my grandson interested in model planes but so far not too much luck. Anyway the bug bit me deep and hard, and here I am knee deep in balsa dust enjoying every minute of it....

BTW you are going to build/buy a nice high wing trainer to learn to fly on arn't you? I learned last July on a foamy thats super easy to build and fly, it's Russ40's Trainer Type Plane or (TTP). His thread is here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1281056

You can knock one of these together in a day or two.

I'll certainly be keeping an eye on your build with great interest.

Bill
Bill Smudge is offline Find More Posts by Bill Smudge