Old Mar 02, 2012, 09:53 AM
Find More Posts by joesmith285
Redwing FTW
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Nov 2008
1,440 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowDog1974 View Post
mdv, the batteries are 2x3s2800s from Value Hobby. These are 8.3oz each, so battery weight is 16.6oz.

Yes, a larger battery might help. I'm not worried about the ounce or so of nose weight that I'll have to add, just a bit disappointed. Did you get the lightweight x mount, or the regular mount for your 4315?

I'm going to investigate further tonight; based on the fact that the 4315 is an ounce or so heavier than the 3620 that others used, and they had to add an ounce of weight, I figured this would work out fine. It was late last night; maybe I missed something?

Maybe I'll try some of these batteries:

http://www.valuehobby.com/power-syst...1-1v-lipo.html

I'm not sure you need to add the lead weight. My setup is the A40-10s (7.43 oz) and a 4s 4000 (15.2 oz). The motrolfly site says the 4315 weighs in at 9 oz without x mount. If I use that number and your battery weight, I figure that I have 2.57 oz. less weight up front then yours.

I glued a piece of a plywood up front to shove the battery under and I used epp foam to give it some padding. This way I can just slide the battery in and simply stick a strap around the back of it. With this setup, the plane is perfectly neutral and flys great. If you build the little box to slide the batteries into so you can slide them all of the way forward you should be able to obtain a slighty nose heavy cg without the lead weight.
joesmith285 is offline Find More Posts by joesmith285
RCG Plus Member