Old Mar 01, 2012, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by caall99
Power-line attraction pilot
United States, MA, Natick
Joined Jun 2011
528 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonecutter View Post
Yeah, quality control in manufacturing is not one of 5888's strong suits. But give it a chance and it may just grow on ya. In fact, that's part of its appeal, it's a delight to see this seemingly over-weight POS actually fly, and fly quite well when sufficiently tweaked.
Well my POS 5888 only flew because i tweaked the "expletive" out of it. I can still enjoy it for a couple minutes here and there, but once i stepped up to quality, i hardly find myself looking back anymore. In some regards the Chinese build these helicopters with one purpose in mind, looks... underneath all the BS is a perfectly capable flying machine that if tweaked from the factory (both in manufacturing and design) would be an excellent bang for the buck.

Granted soft aluminum is cheaper than plastic injection molding, but often you will notice that almost all the aluminum can be removed from these helis and the frame will still remain intact. With small tweaks a toy heli can become hobby grade, and it wouldn't even cost the factory much more money.

My vote for GT 5888 and 5889 and all other chinese flying crap machines is two thumbs down.

<end of rant>
caall99 is offline Find More Posts by caall99