View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2012, 01:29 PM
Find More Posts by Pocitelli
Hi, I'm an RC Plane addict
United States, CA, Carlsbad
Joined Jan 2012
25 Posts
My first EasyStar

Hi guys, I recently purchased my first EasyStar for me and my son. I've been flying a Parkzone P-51 and chose my "Easy" to improve my own skills and get my son into flying with me!

I'm at the point where I'd like to add the Multiplex Power Pack upgrade to the brushless motor, prop, and upgraded esc. My goal is to add more power and make it more capable flying into the wind, but not so much as to intimidate my 8 yr. old.

I purchased this as a ready-to-fly so everything was put together from the start. I don't have a lot of experience building planes, so I'm looking for some advice on installing the upgraded power pack.

Is there a preferred way to separate the foam around the motor to take out the old and put in the new? This is a drop-in replacement size for the stock motor so it doesn't sound like much modification is needed to make it fit. I'm guessing just an exacto knife to the glue seems to separate it, but wondering if there's a best practice here.

Also, I've been repairing some minor cracks as we go with standard CA which seems to stick some days and not so much other days. What glue do you recommend to use on the plane to reattach with seam after the new motor and overall fixes?

Any guidance is much appreciated! Here's a picture of my "Easy".
Pocitelli is offline Find More Posts by Pocitelli