Old Feb 25, 2012, 07:27 AM
Find More Posts by ommadawn
The Flying Circus
Adelaide South Australia
Joined Sep 2007
4,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootster View Post
Did my first FPV landing with goggles yesterday. Thanks to the help of Cody69. Considering it was bloody windy I was really happy with the result. (nothing busted or bent)
Hey Zoot, glad to hear from you again. I think we corresponded when I was starting out in FPV back in Sept 07. Im still at it. Almost got it sorted out too!
Dont listen to Cody, he will lead you astray. Good to hear about the landing with goggles on. I only try that when its a straight in approach on flatland. Not easy to do on slope landings.

Had a hot day today, 1hr10 thermalling with HGs at Mt Terrible. About 41 degrees C at launch, onboard thermometer measured 125F until I got airborne. Made 2300ft height gain in rough lift. Thermals were common, with 3.5-7f/sec lift all over. RVOSD Gen 5 Fly By Wire stabilization made easy work of it though. Stuffed the landing into a wire fence with a few scrapes.

The BigAss should be ready for next weekend. I ran the motor at fullnoise today and only made 35A on 3s, so might need to revisit the prop combo. Unfortunately it means chopping out more trailing edge to add a larger prop. Trial and error is the go.
Cheers
Frank
ommadawn is offline Find More Posts by ommadawn