Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
19,013 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrainSurgeon View Post
Tom,

I have indeed read the first posts. I believe I do have a 'special' cable. There were 2 cables in the package (as was the car lighter extension) , and I used the short one as recommended.

First I set the camera to record, and only then plugged in the power. The light turned red, as it should happen according to the description. (charging while recording,right?)

The power sources I used are a wall socket with an iPod charger usb port, and a usb battery pack that should work according to several sources.
It sounds to me like you are not using the special cable. You mentioned you got two cables with a car plug adaptor, like in the attached picture on the left, I assume? If so, the correct "special" one is the flat two wire cable shown plugged into the socket. I don't think it's shorter than the regular, round standard USB cable. The only place the "shorter" cable would be the special cable would be the one that comes with an external lipo power supply from the eBay vendor who sold the camera, like in the second picture, on the left. So maybe you can be clearer on what you have and what you used?
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank