View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 03:21 AM
Find More Posts by Modelholic
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Pete,

Sorry there won't be any bare bones shots as such. I see these as quick builds (hopefully) getting them off your list ASAP. The MS Racer is indicated on the plan as 2005 and the Rex 2007! Quite long enough as I think you will agree. I view these builds as a bit of light relief whilst I await your updating of the Antionette plan. Although I wouldn't mind a crack a a Peter Rake virgin - something that hasn't been built before! The Sopwith Scooter at about 60" span of the 1/6th Tiger Moth we were discussing last year would get me very interested!

As regard the tissue trim. No other reason than it is what I had available. It is a case of balancing desires against disposable income! I don't know that litespan would have been any easier to handle in 2mm strips for the rib tapes though.

Have read your account of the Type G test flights with some trepidation! Do you have suggested control throws? 1/4 inch each way for both rudder and elevator seem reasonable?

Really the test flight of the MS might not be that far away given that it's just the fuselage to build. I can build the rear section at this time and work from there.

Simon
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic