View Single Post
Old Feb 23, 2012, 01:59 AM
Find More Posts by Modelholic
Perth WA
Joined Feb 2007
1,041 Posts
Managed to cover the second half of the tail plane and the other wing of the Morane.

Found the wing tips quite a challenge to cover with their marked taper and steep angle of the leading edge to tip. Managed but with a small wrinkle on each wing. On the plus side managed to induce a bit of washout during the shrinking stage.

Tried a bit of touch up to the edging of the tail surfaces with Tamiya Acrylic and brush. Better than it was but far from perfect. All in all I don't think the trim is going to very durable. Am loathe to try sealing it as I'm sure the tissue will bleed colour.

My order from Hobbyking is at last in transit. We live in a pretty strange world when it is "cheaper" to send the parcel from Singapore to Zurich Switzerland and then back out to Australia. Singapore to Perth is a 5 or 6 hour direct flight!

The kits from Charlie are also on route.

Not a great deal more I can do until the packages arrive. Tail surfaces for the Rex to complete and cover and the prospect of two sets of spoked wheels. Will post more as progress is made.

Simon
Modelholic is offline Find More Posts by Modelholic