Old Feb 22, 2012, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by sonny1
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,838 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpySticks View Post
NOTICE: For the March contest, the motor run will be shortened to 30 seconds max, to fall more in line with standard ALES limitations.

That will put me at a distinct disadvantage with my stock Radian Pro, but it's best for those who may want to eventually move up to ALES competition.

Maybe it's time I repowered???
Do I remember correctly that you are using the stock prop/spinner JS? I use a 50mm BB Aluminum spinner and 11x6 Graupner blades on my RP and it makes 200m in 30 seconds no problem; 25 seconds if I don't range upwind after launch. I'm using all the other stock power components.

I can't catch a break wind-wise, the daily average is 15-20mph with no relief in sight. I have had the chance to fly an ALES comp inland, but with assigned tasks of 6-8 min there's no use posting those flights here, as I didn't get the chance to go for maximum duration. I just can't get away from the wind long enough to actually do a dedicated duration flight! Maybe March will be better?

I'm going to travel to one of the only "drive up" slope sites in the area tomorrow, maybe I can get a slope time posted, but I'm told the wind has been running the wrong direction at that slope lately, so I'll just have to show up and see what the conditions are. I'm taking every flyable sailplane, powered & non-powered both, that I have with me; maybe I'll get lucky?

Sonny
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1