Find More Posts by marksextra
Once u go yak u never go back
Erie, PA
Joined Mar 2005
1,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
GensAce:
-anecdotal evidence suggests they last longer (more cycles)
-high charge rates
-underrated in terms of c (my 25c gensace put my 40c turnigys to shame)
-ship from US
-reasonably priced

FlightMax/other HK bargain lipos
-shorter overall lifetime (in my experience to date)
-usually 2c charge rate
-overrated in terms of c
-shipping from HK
-dirt cheap
-QC often sketchy (I've had some that came with bad cells, or puffed after 4-5 flights, and one that dropped a cell in flight and almost killed my 89)

I don't know much about Thunderpower, but from what I see on here a lot of folks have issues with them. sure, they are taken care of by the company, and the crash replacement deal is pretty sweet, but I can't justify the sticker shock.
I guess that's all true. But to what end? The only physical thing I can put my finger on is that I could charge the Gen Ace at a higher C(which has value for me) but otherwise the rest of it is well...as you say anecdotal. For me it comes down to what criteria do you use to judge lipo batteries. As you mention; price, longevity, power output, charge rate, shipping times, and quality. My HK's are(in order) cheaper, last at least as long when you consider I get the lifespans of two batteries since they're half the cost, output seems good to me,( I can hover, and fly 3d with the best of them),charge rate is barely reasonable for this age in lipo which really sucks, shipping times is the same as I only buy from the US warehouse, and quality is an unknown as all mfg have problems occassionallly as you pointed out TP.

What else do we judge lipo batteries upon? I could ask this in the battery section but would surely get spanked with some verbage I couldn't understand.
marksextra is offline Find More Posts by marksextra