Old Feb 20, 2012, 01:06 PM
Find More Posts by kalmon
Parkzone junkie
United States, MI, Grand Traverse
Joined Oct 2008
3,925 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by milehighjc View Post
A drop of Foam Safe CA and kicker set them firmly, and they are now solid as a rock. The plane flies like its on rails now
Hope that helps...

jc
I'll check that out right away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post
how do the Hyper 180's compare to the stock Eflite. I will be getting 240's soon.
The HYP180s are much better than the stock e-flite in power and pack life. The e-flite180s see to wear out in months or less. I've had one that only lasted 3 weeks of 2-3 times a week flying!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonshade View Post
Has anyone added any tape to the wind leading edges? Had a gentle landing rollover on grass onto a rock which dinged my lower wind edge. Thinking about adding some light hindge tape, but worried about CG issues.
I wouldn't worry about the weight of tape. Just don't go nuts on the amount of tape used. I didn't tape mine but I'm usually pretty good about not crashing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Joel and some of the other awesome pilots don't need as much damage-repellant as many of us do.
VERY TRUE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Personally, I put light tape on the upper wing's leading edge. Also, strips running fore-and-aft from the front of the wing to the aileron -- on the left and right side of the upper wing starting directly above where it attaches to the cabane struts. (That seems to be a chronic "fault line.")

And, I added thin CF rods to each side of the two main wing struts, and spanning the underside of the elevator -- across the flimsy central bridge.
The tape fore-aft in the inner wing towards the inner corner of the Aileron is a definite chronic failure point that I've noticed. The CF on the vertical wing supports is also a good thing to do. Finally the CF across the elevator "joiner" section is a huge help as that is a weak point.

-Brian
kalmon is offline Find More Posts by kalmon