View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2012, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by DGrant
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,535 Posts
Thanks a bunch guys!...

These are overlapped....I usually go 1/8" to 1/4".. if that. I like a little more overlap around the firewall area, so I'll usually leave about 1/4" each side to wrap the firewall.. which essentially is about 1/2" overlap.. in the case of a simple splice, such as on this fuselage..... 1/8"+ is totally cool... thing is that 1/8" is minimized by where I located it.. thats just how it worked out on this one.. each one can be a little(or alot) different.

And yes.. everything is overlapped. I mentioned the order of covering, in which starting on the bottom, and rear.. so all the overlapping is done with the frontal peices overlapping the rear. The seams seem to(no punn here.. haha).. stay down very well that way. I try to layer the graphics that way as well.. haha... Sometimes those are a shot in the dark though.. and it comes out great.. or .. it just doesn't work like I intended.

I'm still contemplating some colors here. There's a few "stock" type schemes that are suggested on the box...I'm not totally fond of them...but I may borrow some ideas there..as they aren't too bad.. and I do want to keep moving on this.. biggest prob is..I my own worst critic.. regardless. haha.. its all good.. I'm having a blast with this project..and there are ideas stirring in my head.. and I'm getting some much needed practice too.. you know.. for the biggies I've got to build some day.. Thanks for following.. More to come..
DGrant is offline Find More Posts by DGrant