View Single Post
Old Feb 18, 2012, 03:00 AM
Find More Posts by gooniac33
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
5,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoamJunkE View Post
Got my plane in yesterday and went through the standard routine of checking things over for any damage and all is well. While looking things over i noticed that there are wires running through the wings and the fuse from each led. Has anyone hooked these up to make them operational? Seems easy enough?

gooniac33,

I see you added some additonal led lights to yours, looks cool. That's exactly why I bought this plane, Its gonna be my night flyer. Where did you purchase your led's from? Are you still using those servos from hobbypartz that come two per pack for something like 3 or 4 bucks and if so how are they holding up? I need to replenish my stock of servos for some other planes and two for flaps on this plane and I remembered your post from the JPower 50mm thread.
I got the LED's from Hobbypartz and power them with the main batter but they are switched by a brushed esc on the gear channel. And yes I used those same servos for the flaps on this plane and on 2 other planes that I have. They are awesome and even thought they are 7g servos they are actually stronger than some 9g servos and for sure stronger than Hitec HS 55's...
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33