View Single Post
Old Apr 20, 2004, 01:23 AM
Find More Posts by ClayH
Joined Mar 2003
3,177 Posts
SKy Sergio - full TE camber

AS others have said, I wouldn't even mess with it. It's mainly because the Sky Sergio has very narrow moving surfaces- it just doesn't respond that well to the minimal input you'd usually use to camber or reflex the trailing edge. That plane is really a floater and I didn't even bother using crow on mine, the flap with elevator compensation worked great. Make sure to raise that flap just before touchdown or you be gluing your control horn back to the flap.

Have fun - it's a great plane!

BTW, I set mine up with rudder initially. Had Cut the last 1 inch off the existing verticle stab and replaced it with a much larger rudder. It was a little too much surface, but I liked having the rudder control on launch and to initiate turns. After a while I went back to the original setup, thinking I'd keep the weight down with one less servo and control lines.If I was to do it again, I'd add a small rudder. Here's a picture of my radio compartment after removing the rudder servo. Electron 6 receiver out of the case fit behind the wing saddle. Then everything else fit very nicely. Weight all up - 23.25 ounces on 7 cells, geared sp400, Sprite 25 controller, 12/7 prop.
ClayH is offline Find More Posts by ClayH